Covid Response Plan for INSPIRE Ministries – An Essential 2 minute read
Hello INSPIRE Framily!
As we enter this time of “thanksgiving”, I am reminded of God’s call to us to “give thank in all circumstances” (1 Thes. 5:18). One thing at the top of my “gratitude list” is all of you! I am so very thankful for you in these uncertain days. The circumstances themselves may not be good, but aren’t you thankful that our God is always good?
As most of you probably know, we have seen a significant rise in Corona virus cases right here in Newaygo and neighboring counties. We are also seeing those in our church framily and some of the staff who are battling Covid or are quarantined due to exposure to others who have tested positive.
Given these developments and the request of the MDHHS, we have made the hard, but necessary decision to change how we minister during the next 3 weeks of November 18-Dec 8. Although we will have face to face interactions with a small number of our framily (as certain needs present themselves), the largest part of our ministry will be accomplished using technology or through other distanced means where we can prioritize the safety of others as we serve one another. Because you need to know details, we are providing this recap for your planning.
• We will not gather on campus for the next three Sundays. Plan to join with your framily for on line worship services on Sunday, November 22, 29 & December 6. To access that site go to https://www.facebook.com/liveinspired.church/
• We are planning highly interactive online worship services suitable for every age group, and are challenging every Inspire Framily to host a Watch Party each week, inviting friends and family along in worship. Here is a link with instructions for how you can host a Watch Party: https://youtu.be/V8APIF5xBM8 .
• By God’s grace, we anticipate a great regathering worship service (on-site) on Sunday, December 13!
Connection, Care, and Communication
• Connection: During this 3 week time frame, each day at 3:20, staff will be connecting with you through the INSPIRE Framily Facebook site, sharing encouragement, prayer and ideas for living an Inspired Life in our community.
• Care: Each week, Inspire Framily will be reaching out to one another by phone call, Facebook or email to hear your heart and pray for your need. If you need additional care in this tumultuous time, please immediately let your pastors know by calling the church office.
• Communicate: We intend to “extra-communicate” with you during this season using text, email, social media, and mail. If you are unable to communicate electronically, or are not certain we have your information, would you call the church office and let us know so we make sure we keep you in the loop?
Adult Groups and Grow
• Groups are invited to meet virtually (Zoom, via phone, etc.) from November 18-Dec 8
• Prayer guides and daily devotions from Pastor Keith will encourage and grow us through this challenging time.
• Connect online via Facebook Live Student ministry Worship on Wednesday Night from November 18-Dec 8 (no student ministry November 25 due to Thanksgiving). Sunday Night Groups take place virtually (Zoom, via phone, etc.) as group leaders & members are able.
• Kid’s worship programming will be provided online so kids can continue to worship with the kids material while the parents worship in the online worship center.
• The INSPIRE Staff team will continue to be available but the church offices will be open by appointment only. It would be so helpful if you could call before you make the trip in to assure you can connect with the person you need to see.
Friends: These are, indeed, very serious days; still, it is for this very reason that we do what we do as His Church. We place our trust wholly in Jesus Christ for the destiny of our lives; and, we urgently offer others the opportunity to know that same Jesus and find the hope- the assurance that He brings in every situation of life.
As we have traversed the last several months, we have been so privileged to see God at work as we have remained faithful to His call and relied on His power. In Ephesians 3, The Apostle Paul reminds us of what God is able to do in days like this. Here it is: “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” I encourage you: Lean on Jesus and His Word. Remain faithful to Him and His church. Serve others and share the hope you have in Jesus.
Pastor Keith and the INSPIRE leadership team